Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I can paint!

Halfway through week #2 and feeling pretty good about my progress. Still very concerned about time management~ not really my part in making good decisions but, rather, just an overall lack of time in general. Ah, God will make a way.
Yesterday we had a staff meeting at Grace Family Church and we began we praise and worship watching a DVD from Hillsong Church. We have a phenomenal choir and band but even they had to be moved by this group. After going over some staff business, there was a project whereby we had to split up into groups of five each and paint a mosaic type drawing that symbolizes the mission of Grace. I have to tell you ~ creativity is not my forte'. I'm quite sure that I rolled my eyes as we were guided and coaxed to have a good time with this project.
Turns out it was a lot of fun! In fact, I was one of the last people to leave the gymnasium because I kept having ideas we could add to the picture. Who knew?? Oh, and God showed me that I actually can paint a little. With great direction from one of our executive pastors, I made a pretty good ocean wave drawing. Seriously~ even people not in our group could tell what it was. You have no idea the victory in that! My mother and husband, both artistic people, would have been impressed. What talent do you have that God can use? What talent do you have that can be developed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The publisher/owner of this website, Amy Gutierrez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.